Pancake Day the Honeywell Way… Vegan Blueberry Panshake
Oh flipping heck – you won’t find batter than this recipe!
Yes, I 100% back those puns. No regrets.
Today we’d like to introduce you to something a little different.
It has all the decadent deliciousness of our usual Shakers Club recipes, however with the distinctly feel good factor of being plant-based too.
Introducing, the one and only…
Blueberry Vegan Panshake
The Basic Recipe
Our Subscription Manager, Kayley, sent our group chat a photo of the most delicious looking breakfast you ever did see.
After drooling for a little while whilst I was sat eating my boring, slightly stale toast, she also revealed that the pancakes were a plant-based recipe, and thus pretty healthy too.
We had been discussing the wish to create a plant-based shake recipe for a while, and with pancake day around the corner, this seemed the perfect opportunity to combine two beautiful flavours!
125 g plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
240 ml oat milk (or any plant-based milk you prefer)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Non-dairy butter to grease pan
Blueberry Pancake Shake
- A glass of oat milk or any other plant-based milk you prefer
- Small handful of blueberries
- 2 scoops of vegan/plant-based vanilla ice cream
- Vanilla shake syrup (just make sure you’re choosing a vegan friendly one)
- Handful of blueberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of cornflour
- Vegan squirty cream
- Maple syrup
- Firstly, add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together
- In a separate bowl, or jug, combine the wet ingredients to create a ‘buttermilk’ substitute
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk together until well combined
- Leave the bowl aside for a few moments to rest, whilst you heat your pan
- When the pan is at a high heat, add a little of the non-dairy butter to the pain to grease it
- When it is sizzling, add 1 tbsp of your pancake mixture and gently pour centrally to create a small pancake
- Once you can see air bubbles rising in the pancake (after about 60 seconds), you can carefully use a spatula to flip your pancake! Each pancake takes round 2-3 minutes to cook.
Blueberry Pancake Shake
- Pour a glass of oat milk, a handful of blueberries, vanilla syrup and 1 scoop of ice-cream into a jug, and use a handheld blender to blitz together until thick and creamy!
- Pour your shake into a mason jar and top with one scoop of ice-cream.
- Pop a small pan on a hob on a low heat
- Add the blueberries and caster sugar and allow to reduce down, stirring all the while, until the berries soft and surrounded by a lovely vibrant liquid.
- Sprinkle the cornflour a little at a time and stir, until you feel the sauce has thickened enough.
Flip it real good
When you have created all your components, it’s time to stack!
Use a strong straw to pierce through the pancake stack at an angle and then carefully place on top of your shake.
Pour on your blueberry sauce, and squirty cream on top, before pouring over some maple syrup to finish.
Why not join the party and become a member of the Shakers Club?
Each month, we create a seasonal freakshake recipe and send it directly to your door.
You can buy a 3, 6 or 12 month bundle for extra savings!