Triple Chocolate Cookie & Cream Sandwiches
Makes 6 cookie sandwiches – why not double the ingredients to make a double batch? You know you wanna!
- 30g Softened Butter
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 100g Self-raising Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 20g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 20g White Chocolate Chips
Cookies & Cream buttercream
- 50g Softened Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Milk
- 15g Crushed Oreos
1. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 180c/ 160c fan/ gas mark 5.
2. Put the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and using an electric whisk (or wooden spoon if you’re feeling strong!) beat together. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir everything together to make a smooth, sticky dough.
4. Pour in the white and dark chocolate chips and mix through until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Using a tablespoon, place 6 equal spoonfuls of the cookie dough mix onto each of the prepared baking trays, making 12 cookies in total. Make sure you leave a few centimetres between each cookie to allow for spreading.
6. Using the back of the spoon, press down on the cookies to flatten them a little.
7. Ask an adult to help you place the baking trays in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until they start to darken slightly at the edges.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool completely on the baking trays. They will still feel a little soft when they come out of the oven, but don’t worry, they will harden as they cool.
9. Whilst waiting for the cookies to cool, make the buttercream filling. Put the softened butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat together until the texture of the buttercream is light and fluffy. Add the milk if you would like it a little softer. Stir through the Oreo crumb until well combined. Set aside the buttercream until you are ready to fill your cookie sandwiches.
10. Once the cookies are cool, turn 6 of them upside down and spread over the cookies & cream buttercream, then sandwich the remaining 6 cookies on top.
The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for several days, if you don’t eat them all at once!