This recipe will make eight tasty sandwich biscuits!
- 110g Plain Flour
- 85g Demerara Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 35g Dried Apricots, Chopped
- *50g Cold Butter, Cubed
- *25g Beaten Egg
- *1/2 tbsp Milk
- 35g of soft butter
- 35g of soft cheese
- 70 icing sugar
- 30g of white chocolate
- 20g of white chocolate
- 1 tbsp of crystallised ginger
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Slowly add to the crumbly mixture, stirring together to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling-film and place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°c/ 160°c fan/ gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
5. Roll tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls and place 8 on each prepared tray, leaving even spaces between. Bake in the centre of the oven, one tray at a time, for approximately 12 minutes each, or until golden.
6. Remove the baked biscuits from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Whilst waiting for the biscuits to cool, prepare the filling. Place the sealed bag of white chocolate in a bowl of hot water and leave for a few minutes to melt.
8. Beat the softened butter until light and fluffy. Add the melted white chocolate and fold through, then mix in the soft cheese until just combined. Sift over the icing sugar and quickly mix together. Be careful not to overmix the filling or it will become too runny. Place in the fridge to chill until you are ready to fill the biscuits.
9. Spoon the filling into a piping bag and snip about 1 cm off the tip of the bag. Pipe a generous amount onto the underside of one of the biscuits, then pop another on top and sandwich together. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
10. Finely chop the crystallised ginger. Place the white chocolate in hot water as before and allow to melt. Snip a corner off the bag and drizzle the melted chocolate over the biscuits, then finish with a sprinkling of chopped ginger. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your bake with us! @honeywellbiscuitco