Delicious and Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe
This recipe is SUPER easy, quick, and produce beautifully fluffy American style pancakes.
They have all the decadent deliciousness of a standard pancake recipe, however with the distinctly feel good factor of being plant-based too!
You can add toppings to your taste – whether it’s using slightly brusied blueberries with a tsp of maple syrup, a blob of nutella or summer berries.
Pancake Batter Recipe
Our Subscription Manager, Kayley, sent our group chat a photo of the most delicious looking breakfast you ever did see.
After drooling for a little while whilst I was sat eating my boring, slightly stale toast, she also revealed that the pancakes were a plant-based recipe, and thus pretty healthy too.
This is her secret vegan pancake recipe. Tried and tested – it’s foolproof.
Pancake Batter – makes around 6 -8 small pancakes
125 g plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
240 ml oat milk (or any plant-based milk you prefer)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Non-dairy butter to grease pan
- Vegan squirty cream
- Maple syrup
- Any fruit you wish!
- Firstly, add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together
- In a separate bowl, or jug, combine the wet ingredients to create a ‘buttermilk’ substitute
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk together until well combined
- Leave the bowl aside for a few moments to rest, whilst you heat your pan
- When the pan is at a high heat, add a little of the non-dairy butter to the pan to grease it
- When it is sizzling, add 1 tbsp of your pancake mixture and gently pour centrally to create a small pancake
- Once you can see air bubbles rising in the pancake (after about 60 seconds), you can carefully use a spatula to flip your pancake! Each pancake takes round 2-3 minutes to cook.