150g Caster Sugar
150g Softened Butter
1 Small Egg
140g Self-Raising Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
50g White Chocolate Chips
50g Dark Chocolate Chips Sprinkles
1.) Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Using an electric mixer (or wooden spoon if you’re feeling strong!) mix the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and stir well – don’t worry if it doesn’t mix together completely, it will come together once you add the dry ingredients.
3. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, white chocolate and dark chocolate chips. Mix together until fully combined to form a dough.
4. Using your hands, roll the dough into 12 balls, about the size of a walnut, and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Make sure you leave space between the cookies to allow for spreading.
You don’t need to squash them into cookie shapes, this will happen in the oven!
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes – until they are crispy around the edges, but still soft in the middle. Once cooled they will be lovely and gooey in the centre. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool completely. Once cooled, store the cookies in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks, until you are ready to assemble them. (Ask an adult to help whilst using the oven)
6. Once you are ready assemble the cookie sandwiches, remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. Scatter the sprinkles onto a plate whilst you wait.
7. Spoon a scoop of ice cream onto the bottom of a cookie and sandwich a second cookie on top. Roll the cookie sandwich like a wheel through the sprinkles, so they stick to the ice cream. Enjoy your ice cream cookie sandwiches immediately.